Registration will be held at Glencairn Farm. Registration will open at 15:00 on Friday afternoon and close at 20:00 on the 29th March 2019. You will receive your race packs, tent numbers and your village band will be fitted. Dinner will be available to all Swim runners. If you are coming up early Saturday you can register from 5:30am on the 23rd Feb.
- From JHB or DBN take the N3 to Howick / Merrivale area. (near Midmar dam)
- At Merrivale take the R617 Howick / Underberg turnoff (the sign says Bulwer / Underberg) R617.
- Travel through Boston and Bulwer on the R617.
- From Bulwer proceed for approximately 40km to Underberg.
- Travel into Underberg
- In Underberg Main Street at the Shell garage take the road to Himeville.
- Travel for 8.3 km passing through the village of Himeville.
- Turn left up the Sani Pass road. (2km after Himeville)
- Travel for 3.2km
- Arrive at Glencairn Farm on your left.
- GPS of Glencairn Farm: 29*42’03.81S ; 29*29’29.29E
Each night at 6pm It is recommended that all runners attend the race briefing prior to each stage. Final essential information regarding the route, weather prediction, safety and other housekeeping is relayed to runners.
Dinner – 18:00
Route briefing – 18:30
Time to start batching – 6:30
Start – 7:00
Lunch – 12:00
Supper – 17:30
Route briefing – 18:00
Live bands and time to “squeak some tekkie” – 19:00 onwards
Start batching – 6:30
Start – 7:00
Prize giving – 10:00
Each runner will be given a four-person tent (2.5m x 2.5m) all for themselves with a comfortable mattress. You will be required to bring your own sleeping bag and pillow.
Should you wish to not camp in the race village you can book accommodation anywhere in or around Himeville, Sani Pass or Underberg. See below for some options in the area
Dieu Donne Cottage
Phone: 0337021606 / 0731431488
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sleeping bag
- Running clothes for two days
- Casual clothes (it gets cold!)
- Cash (bar & physio – nearest ATM 5.2kms away)
- Credit card – medical emergencies
- Chargers (please label)
- Toiletries (including sunblock)
- Great attitude
- Passport – If you plan on going to the top of Sani Pass during the weekend
Plus: Your choice of running and swimming gear
Swimming hat (optional)
COUNTDOWN TO GLENCAIRN SWIM RUN 2018